Task: Increase conversion of home warranty purchases.
The company had many areas they could improve and update their matching tools. They weren't showing the prices of the offers or the comparison between them.Supporting Article
I set out to gather information about the users of the matching tool.
This included the use cases of consumers of various ages, locations and levels of income.
From this I created personas to better understand the needs and goals of the matching tool's users.
I worked closely with the stakeholders to find common ground.
I was determined to create a great design. I also had to get creative with my solutions to keep the project within constraints of their software stack (Vanilla JS and Static HTML).
I proposed a phased approach, where the most important elements would be tackled first, and then additional features would be added later. This allowed the company to see progress and get a sense of the direction of the redesign.
I used these guiding questions to break down the problem.
The new layout included a more visible comparison table, call out in the header as well as updated summary list.
The new flow skipped 2/5 steps reducing time to complete by about 40%. Since the actual offer is displayed the user can go directly to the offer page.
With the design approved, I turned my attention to how we could evaluate it.
I worked closely with the product manager to determine a plan to test the conversion rate.
Unfortunately I was let go before I could see the the results of my work.
I would have evaluated A/B tests as well as watching user sessions to see how users were navigating the page.